FEDDATA worked as a subcontractor on the project to consolidate 24 DoS Help Desks into a single Service Center.
- Each DoS Bureau had a Service Desk for their users. Response times varied widely between Bureaus.
- Large duplication of effort as each Bureau Service Desk had phone banks, desktop support technicians and senior level support personnel.
- Provide level of quality provided by locally sited support personnel with a Department-wide Service Desk.
- A single Call Center was established.
- Bureaus were moved from local to centralized call desk support on established cutover dates.
- Desk-side support was changed to a combination of on-site and centrally dispatched support.
- Greatly reduced cost by eliminating duplicate phone banks, operators, local support staff and reporting.
- Single, published response and resolution times for all Department sites in Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.